Advantages of ISA
In 2009, as a group of leading real estate organisations, we identified the BRE Trust, the renowned built environment research and education charity, as a partner to form the Alliance to evaluate our portfolios. This is for a range of purposes including benchmarking and CSR reporting of the sustainable performance and environmental impact of our buildings.
It also provides a platform for certification against BREEAM In-Use and other compatible standards.
- An online tool available 24/7 that enables data to be entered and evaluated whenever you like.
- Ability to generate a benchmark report when you want.
- GRI CRESS, EPRA and GHG Protcol compliant.
- KPIs for energy, water, waste and GHG.
- Profile reports by country and sector.
- The ISA database allows members to input details (at site, building and asset level) for their entire portfolio(s).
- Identify good and bad performers from within your own portfolio(s) to facilitate decision making to retain and improve or dispose.
- Benchmark individual properties and whole portfolios against similar buildings in the same country and across the world.
- Monitor improvements in environmental performance over time and against targets allowing for trend analysis.
- Derive a simple but powerful ISA Scorecard indicator of performance showing property portfolio(s) against absolute values.
- Consumption reports for direct, indirect and on-site energy, carbon emissions, water consumption and waste generation.
- Conversion factors embedded within the system allow for the differing international measuring methodologies to be standardised to a common reporting format.
- Work with us to produce new KPIs, inform Government, conduct research and share best practice.